Career in Designing
- Actuarial science
- Aeroneutical Engineer
- Air force
- Air -Hostess
- Clinical Research
- Foreign Languages
- Home Science
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Tourism and Travels
Designing is the blend of artistic talents and creativity. Design encompasses different fields viz. Fashion designing, Product designing, Graphic designing, Interior designing, Accessory and Jewellery design, foot ware design, textile design, and many more. Fashion designing deals with clothing and textile, product designing with designing the products and graphic designing deals with designing for websites, movies, logos, signage, etc. Interior designing is the arrangement of living space i.e organizing, managing and planning of the interiors of rooms at homes, offices, retail shops, showrooms, hotels, airports, exhibition halls, conference centres, theatres, TV and film studios and commercial establishments etc.
A trained fashion designer finds job in the areas like designer wear production, planning and concept management, fashion marketing, design production management, fashion media, quality control, fashion accessory design and promotion of brands. You will also work as costume designer, fashion consultant, personal stylist, technical designer, graphic designer, production pattern maker, fashion coordinator, apparel production manager, fabric buyer, fabric quality control manager, show room sales representative, illustrator, cutting assistant and outside sales representative in this industry. Those interested in a career in fashion designing can also become entrepreneurs and form their own companies.
1. Career in Fashion Designing Introduction: Fashion designing is one of the most exciting career options in today's world. The recent boom in fashion designing has led to innovation and new prospects in the existing domain of garment and accessory design. This career is good for the individuals who have a creativity, style and originality. The career in fashion designing satisfies creative fancies and materialistic needs. It also promises glamour, fame, success and even high pay packages. If you can create magic with colors, designs and shapes and have some professional skills then this will be the right career for you. http://creationsindia.net
- Export houses
- Garment store chains
- Textile mills
- Leather companies
- Fashion show organizers
- Jewellery houses and
- Media houses recruit professionals interested in a career in fashion designing.
Courses: To become successful in this industry it is always advisable to complete professional courses to gain expertise in various areas of this industry such as garment manufacturing technology, textile science, apparel construction methods, fabric dyeing and printing, colour mixing and computer-aided design. You can identify your area of interest and match it with your aptitude while choosing from the courses offered in various areas of Fashion Designing. http://www.merinews.com.
Training centres in India:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Kolkata Email : toolikagupta@ www.niftindia.com
- Northeast Institute of Fashion Technology, Guwahati Assam. 2 years diploma in Fashion Designing. www.neift.com
- The Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology. Mohali Fashion Design & Garment Manufacturing www.niiftindia.com
- National Institute of Design Paldi, Ahmedabad Textile and Apparel design www.nid.edu/academics_ug.htm
- Peal Academy of Fashion: New Delhi Fashion Technology, Apparel Designing & Cloth Manufacturing www.pearlacademy.com
- National Institute of Fashion Technology NIFT Campus, Bangalore Textile Design www.bangalore.niftindia.com
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Chennai Apparel, Textile & Leather Design & Technology www.chennai.niftindia.com
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Gandhinagar Gujarat Fashion design & Technology www.gandhinagar.niftindia.com
- National Institute of Fashion Technology , Hyderabad Fashion Design, & Technology www.hyderabad.niftindia.com
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Navi Mumbai www.mumbai.niftindia.com
- Mayura School of Fashion Technology Trichy (Tamil Nadu) EMBROIDERY, FABRIC PAINTING www.texnett.com
- Jewellery Design & Technology Institute Noida ( U P) Jewellery Design & Technology www.jdtiindia.com.
- School of Fashion Technology Soft Campus, Near Cummins Engineering College, Karve Nagar Pune Apparel Production, Design Email :email@example.com
2. Careers in Accessory & Jewellery Design
Introduction: This field has emerged as a glamorous as well as lucrative. In order to cater to the rising demands of skilled manpower in this sector, many fashion institutes offers diverse fashion technology programs including Accessory & Jewellery Design.
Scope: The popularity of these accessory design & jewellery design courses can well be gauged from the legendary passion of human beings for jewelleries and rising use of accessories complementing today's fashion trends. Several types of diploma, certificate and advanced diploma courses are offered in Jewellery Design in India. The computer aided Jewellery design courses are becoming very popular. This accessory design courses are offered at diploma, certificate and post-graduate levels. The knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) is essential for Computer aided Jewellery design course.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate.
- Should have an eye for details and colours,
- Love for fashion and technology-friendly attitude.
- Gemmological Institute of India Mumbai www.giionline.com
- Jewellery Design & Technology Institute www.jdtiindia.com
- SG Jhaveri Centre for Diamond Technology, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai.
- National Institute of Jewellery Design and Technology New Delhi Website: www.nijdt.in
- Indian Diamond Institute Katargam, Gidc, Surat Gujarat. www.diamondinstitute.net
- Indian Gemmological Institute , New Delhi Tele No: 011-7779732
- Indian Institute Of Gemmology New Delhi www.iigdelhi.com
3. Footwear Design & Technology Courses in India
Introduction: In the world of fashion shoes play a significant role in enhancing beauty and smartness. The foot wear has acquired large significance in symbolizing one's fashion statement, personal taste as well as sense of comfort. However, the designing and making of shoes is quite complex and this industry needs efficient craftsmen trained with apt technical know-how.
Scope: There is growing demand for qualified professionals in this industry. Several kinds of Footwear Design & Technology courses are available in India. You can choose from these courses according to your needs and qualifications. The various courses such as Management program in Footwear Technology, Masters Program in Footwear Design, Higher Diploma course in Footwear Technology, Diploma course in Footwear Designing as well as short term courses in Footwear, leather garments or Leather Goods are offered. http://www.dmu.ac.uk
- Certificate courses in Footwear design & technology (can be generally pursued after the completion 12th standard)
- Advanced diploma course in footwear technology require the candidate to be a graduate in any stream or diploma holder in leather, engineering or Footwear technology.
- For the basic courses in footwear manufacturing technology, shoe making or design, you need to pass 10+2 level.
Courses in India:
- AVI School of Fashion and Shoe Technology, S.C.O 493-94, IInd Floor, Sector 35-C, Chandigarh Phone No: 602997, 601651.
- Central Footwear Training Institute C-41-42, Site-'C', Industrial Area, Sikandra Agra-282007 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Footwear Design & Development Institute Noida Uttar Pradesh www.fddiindia.com
- MSME Technology Development Centre (Central Footwear Training Institute), Chennai www.cftichennai.in
- Central Leather Research Institute (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) Adyar, Chennai http://www.clri.org
- Government Tanning Institute, Jalandhar Punjab Email: email@example.com
4. Textile Design Courses
Introduction: The world of fashion has emerged as a major medium of self-expression in India today. The popularity of textile design courses in India is rapidly rising among the people who are interested in working in the Textile industry. The career aspirants with creative ingenuity and technical skills opt for the textile design course in India. If you join a Textile design course, you will gain an insight into Textile structure and design, Print and weave design, Indian Textiles as well as Embroidery. Students can opt for diploma, postgraduate diploma, masters and certificate courses in Textile Design field. After completing these courses, you will be able to work in areas of knitting, weaving and printing and prepare designs so that textile products can be manufactured for artistic or commercial use.
Scope: Textile designers are in high demand for creating textiles for interior designs or fabrics. The students who are trained in textile design can work in the allied industries such as paper and ceramics industry. They can also start their own design group and remain self employed. http://www.thecampuschronicle.com
Eligibility: A degree or diploma course completed from reputed institutes like NIFT, NID, AID or any other reputed institute. The knowledge of Photoshop is desirable.
Textile Design Institutes:
- Vidya Institute New Delhi Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Institute of Design Paldi, Ahmedabad www.nid.edu
- Academy of Fashion Studies, New Delhi www.afsfashion.com/admissionform.pdf
- International Polytechnic for Women New Delhi www.womenpolytechnic.com
- Apeejay Institute of Textile Design (AID) www.apeejay.edu
- Textile Designer:
- Assistant Textile Designer.
5. Careers in Visual Merchandising
Introduction: Today visual merchandising plays an important role in this business- generation of retail-industry. Visual Merchandisers are the professionals who are responsible for granting any brand a face. Visual Merchandising (VM) is the art of presentation whereby Visual merchandiser conceptualizes designs and implements window and in-store displays for retail stores. Visual merchandising helps in educating the customers, creating the desire and enhancing the sell of products. Visual Merchandisers must combine their artistic flair and creativity with technical know-how to set up displays that maximize the space of the store while effectively catching the eye and appealing to the senses of their target customers.
Scope: There are many allied fields that can expand the scope for a visual merchandiser. Exhibition displays, birthdays, set design (theatrical sets included), theme parties, hotel lobbies, home and wedding decorations are some of these areas. Many big garments brands like Provogue, Shopper's Stop, Ebony and Liliput etc. maintain in-house teams.
- One can enrol after 10+2 to the different diploma programmes.
- Creativity and ability for artistic expression plays key role in field.
- Technical and design expertise (e.g. building stet, props, setting up proper lighting, etc.) are helpful besides the knowledge of fashion and art/design industry trends and forecasts and an ability to work well with others.
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, New Delhi www.bimtech.ac.in
- Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi Website: www.asiapacific.edu
- Indian Retail School, New Delhi www.indianretailschool.com
- K J Somaiyya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Worli, Mumbai- www.simsr.somaiya.edu
- Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi www.pearlacademy.com
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Shela, Ahmedabad www.mica-india.net
- International Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi. www.iiftindia.net