Career in Aeronautical Engineering | Jobs in Aeronautical Engineering
- Actuarial science
- Aeroneutical Engineer
- Air force
- Air -Hostess
- Clinical Research
- Foreign Languages
- Home Science
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Tourism and Travels
Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering is one of the most challenging fields of engineering with a wide scope. This field deals new technology in the field of aviation, space exploration and defence systems. Aeronautical engineering is a popular program for students in India who decide to pursue a career in engineering technology. It specialises in the designing, construction, development, testing, operation and maintenance (commercial and military) aircraft, spacecraft, satellites and missiles.
Aeronautics engineering provides jobs in industries, defence manufacturing factories, Department of Defence and , ISRO and even in NASA. Aeronautical engineers also have a good demand in airlines, aircraft manufacturing units, air turbine production plants, missiles designing centres, etc. The survey of ‘Occupational Information Network Online’ expects more than 25,000 new jobs by 2014 in the field.
Engineering graduates with management degrees get a starting salary of Rs.30,000 to Rs.60,000 per month plus perks. Starting salaries for an aeronautical engineer in USA get $40,000- $65,000 per annum.
Diploma, degree (B.E/B.Tech.)/post-graduation (M.E./M.Tech)/Doctorate (Ph.D) in Aeronautics is essential. The graduation and post-graduation from Institutes of Technology (IITs) is highly preferred in a job market. Employers also prefer a bachelor's degree with mathematics and science. A degree from aeronautical engineering that is acrrediated by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is essential.
- Good problem-solving ability.
- Mathematical precision.
- Design skills.
- Computer skills.
- Good communication skill.
- Good planning ability and a knack for working under pressure.
- Physically fitness (essential to work at great speed especially in checking and maintenance of aircrafts).
- Good manual, technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to unite scientific discoveries with commercial applications to solve the problems.
If you record “Yes” for maximum questions then it indicates that you have potential for perusing career in the field of Aeronautical engineering.
- Do I have Good problem-solving ability?
- Do I have mathematical precision?
- Do I have design skills?
- Do I have computer skills?
- Do I have good communication skills?
- Do I have good planning ability and a knack for working under pressure?
- Am I physically fit?
- Do I have good manual, technical as well as mechanical aptitude?
- Do I have ability to unite scientific discoveries with commercial applications to solve the problems?
- Do I have a good background of physics, electronics and engineering?
- Am I open minded to implement new ideas?
- Do I have enquiring and scientific bent of mind?
- Have I taken adequate laboratory training for expert handling of advanced equipment?
- Do I have sound analytical skills and a natural propensity for research work?
- Am I a disciplined person?
- Do I prepare a written plan before doing any practical?
- Do I have analysing and interpreting skills?
- Do I read latest scientific news, books and research magazines?
- Do I have a creative mind and deep thinking?
- Am I ready to learn and adopt new techniques?
- Do I have ability to work hard?
- Government Airlines.
- Aircraft comapanies and missile manufacturing factories.
- Government Research and Development institutesviz. ISRO, Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd, Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab, Aeronautical Development Establishment, etc.
- Private airlines viz. Kingfisher, Jet Airways, and many more.
- NASA as engineers and Technical Professionals.
Careers in ISRO and NASA: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is one of the most premium institutes in India. ISRO involves in designing and launching satellites, space applications, satellite communications, remote sensing, meteorology and oceanography. ISRO provides best growth opportunities in the form of on-the-job training, fellowships and hi-tech atmosphere, etc. to aeronautical engineers to develop unique skills. Moreover, on-the-job training is to encourage fresh graduates to join this fascinating field. These research programmes would help those who are preparing for a doctorate degree. www.isro.org
is the world's top most space research organization, NASA. There are many opportunities for those who are willing to shape their career abroad and have immense interest hi space exploration programmes. In fact, as much as 36% of NASA's employees are of Indian origin. Aeronautical engineers get opportunities to work as astronauts at NASA. www.nasa.gov
- Design engineer (Aero structure)
- Aerospace Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Structural Design Engineer
- Associate Engineer
- Assistant/Associate/Professor (Aeronautical Engineering)
- Airlines: Public and private airlines as well Helicopter Corporation of India and flying clubs provide jobs.
- Aircraft Manufacturing companies.
- Military and Defence Department.
- Aeronautic Companies
- Space Equipment and Aircraft Design organization: NASA, ISRO, NAL, HAL etc.
- Diploma in Aeronautical Eligibility: 10th std Duration: 3 years Centre: MS University, New Delhi www.msuvishnu.com
- BSc or B.E. Aeronautical Engineering
ME/M.Tech aeronautical engineering.
- Ph.D Programmes in Aeronautical Engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), IIT Guwahati, IIT Mumbai, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Chennai and IIT Kanpur.
- Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology (SIAEIT), Bengaluru. www.siaeit.com
- Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering (IAME), Bengaluru www.iameindia.org
- Academy of Aerospace and Aviation, Indore, www.aaaindore.com
- College of Aeronautics, Nagpur.
Abroad Best Aeronautical Institutes:
There are many colleges and universities in India that provide programs in aeronautical engineering at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT): The various IITs are widely recognized as some of the best engineering colleges in India. Seven of the 15 IITs offer Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology programs in aeronautical engineering. IIT Guwahati, IIT Mumbai, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Chennai, IIT Kanpur.
- Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering (IAME), Bengaluru-based institution offers a four-year program in aeronautical engineering that culminates in the AMAeSI degree. www.iameindia.org